As members of the Society of Artists Agents
you would be entitled to:
- The opportunity to meet professionally and socially with many of the leading UK illustration agencies – to discuss industry-wide concerns in an open and friendly forum.
- Access to specialist SAA client contract and artists agreement templates recognized and supported by Association of Illustrators (AOI).
- Regular marketing opportunities via the SAA website, SAA monthly news, blog and social media avenues.
- SAA Campaign for ‘Best Working Practice’ comprised of SAA member agents to negotiate collectively with the major commissioning companies in the UK. To point up the legal requirements for better/more transparent and always up-front Contracting Practice, pay levels and rights transfer extent. Initial phase exploratory meetings with the commissioning companies to ask them to evidence how they set illustration pay rates, how regularly they are reviewed, how frequently the rates are raised to account for inflation etc.
- The undertaking from current SAA member agencies (according to the SAA Code of Ethics) that they will not approach/entice illustrators represented by other member agents and will check an illustrator’s assurance that they are ‘out of contract’ with their previous agent.
- SAA collaborative exhibitions and events to which leading commissioners are invited to attend - top quality illustrators, arts journalists.
- The opportunity to be invited by AOI and other organizations to be involved with a wider network of industry events including invitations to give portfolio surgeries at key graduate shows such as New Blood.
- A reduced rate Agency Membership to the AOI, AOI Portfolios website, discounted entry to the annual AOI Illustration Awards, events and exhibitions. Preferred agent status on the AOI's web site.
- Complimentary subscription to Varoom Magazine, plus reduced advertising fees and free access to the AOI’s Pricing and Contract advisory service.